Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pin-It Tuesday: Crockpot Mac N Cheese

I have had a craving for mac n cheese for quite some time. Not the Kraft or Easy Mac variety, but good, wholesome homemade mac n cheese. So of course, I looked to my Pinterest boards and found a crockpot version from Six Sisters' Stuff, who ran the Build Your Blog Conference I attended in Salt Lake City.

Because of their awesome reputation, I knew this was going to taste great and went for it.

I gathered all my ingredients and recently read grating the cheese instead of buying shredded in a bag actually makes the cheese melt better. I bought a Wisconsin cheese from Star-Dairy and shredded it all on my mom's new grater.


 I then melted the cheese with butter and turned it into a great sauce.

While the sauce is melting together, I boiled the noodles. Cook them for a few minutes less than the box says. I used whole wheat noodles for the fiber. 

 Look at that cheese sauce - delicious!

I then added the noodles and the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot. And then I added my secret ingredient, (well secret to my family), chili powder for a little bite.

 Then basically after a few stirs, the crockpot will do the rest of the work for me for two hours.

 And then the final product - creamy, gooey, heavenly-scented mac n cheese! I could have added a bit more chili powder as it wasn't too apparent, but I didn't want to overdo it.


We served this up with bun-ess turkey burgers to get some protein. It was a great meal on a cold January day. It had a creaminess that the box varities just can't provide. And it was so simple. You must try this recipe!



1 comment:

  1. I love mac & cheese and a crockpot version is even better!

    ReplyDelete