In honor of today being National Sandwich Day, I want to share my top sandwiches that I love in downtown Waukesha. There are a lot to choose from so I had to slim it down to my top five. Please share your favorites as well.
1. The Cranberry Bog - The Steaming Cup--This sandwich is the epitome of Thanksgiving. It has turkey, cranberry, mustard and pecans on a cranberry bread. Though ownership of the Cup has changed, this sandwich has stayed a staple and is so delicious.
2. Chicken Breast Salad - The Rochester Deli--Savory, delicious and always a great lunch option, this sandwich comes loaded with chicken in just enough mayo sauce, but not too much that it saturates the bread.
3. The Veg Head - Daylee Public House--I think it's the cheese spread that puts this sandwich so high for me. The spread gets extra creamy when grilled and the veg combo is on point. Pair with the delicious tomato bisque and you are set!
4. Sandwich Capri - People's Park--Another go-to for me. Juicy tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil and balsamic on a crusty baguette. Simple but packs in so much flavor. Pair with the cucumber salad for a real delight!
5. The Beatles - Roots Coffeebar & Cafe--I'm a sucker for melted brie and sweet jam and this does it for me. The toasted bread, turkey and raspberry pair so well with the cheese. Some kettle chips on the side and I'm a happy girl.
So take some time today and celebrate deliciousness between two great pieces of grainy goodness. What will you choose?